With the rain today, we just wanted to update everyone on the
GTSYC weather policy.
receive notification via the GTYSC website, a Convenor or a Coach, soccer is
lightning will cancel or postpone a game, but the Match officials
would make the call to cancel at the field. Based on past experience, Grimsby could have
very different weather at each field so we don’t cancel all soccer activities
in Town very often. We don’t cancel early
in the day, but close to game time, if necessary.
Please review the following guidelines:
1. We play rain or shine.
2. We don’t cancel for rain unless it is extreme or there is flooding on the fields.
3. Game decisions are made at game time, at the field, by the Referee.
4. Only the Town of Grimsby & the GTYSC cancel games in advance if there is severe weather or flooding.
5. Thunder & Lightning cancel games.
6. Referees will stop or delay games for up to 20 minutes, then resume or cancel games.
Grimsby's fields drain well, so closures are rare. We monitor the weather and check the fields on rainy days. We understand that traveling to the fields can be inconvenient, but often games are played and by not attending, the team may have to forfeit if the numbers are low.
West Niagara Interlock Soccer League Games: U12 to U18 HL
1. If you get a notification that fields are cancelled in "Lincoln", “West Lincoln” or “Pelham” please check your schedule and confirm where your game is played. If it is at any Lincoln, West Lincoln or Pelham fields, the game is cancelled.
2. IF you receive a notification that your game has been rescheduled to December, your game has been cancelled and will be rescheduled.
3. If you receive a notification from us (GTYSC) that soccer is cancelled, we will notify you as to which specific fields are closed. For example, if we communicate that Smith is closed, then Southward is still playable, so please check to see what fields are mentioned.
When a Township closes all their fields, they are closing all locations. Please always look to see what field you on. Below is a list to assist you. For example, if Lincoln fields are closed and your game is on any of the fields in Lincoln, your fields your are cancelled.
Southward (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Mini 1, 2, 3, 4)
Smith Park 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Ang Giglia Memorial Park
Lincoln Fields (Beamsville)
Beamsville Lions Park, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Great Lakes Christian College
Beamsville District SS Mini 1
Dunnville Sportsplex 1, 2, 3, 4
West Lincoln Fields (Smithville)
West Lincoln Leisureplex 4 Intermediate
West Lincoln Leisureplex 1, 2, 3, 7
West Lincoln Leisureplex 6 Mini
Rock Street Lower
Hopefully there won't be many full cancellations this season.
Grimsby Town Youth Soccer Club