Hello Grimsby Town Youth Soccer Club Families,
We hope everyone is staying safe during these uncertain times!
As we have mentioned in previous communications, Ontario Soccer has currently postponed all soccer activities through the end of May. Most municipalities have also announced recreation facility closures and are waiting for more information from the Province of Ontario.
Unfortunately, we have not yet received any new information or updates, however Ontario Soccer has confirmed that they are beginning to look at Return to Play protocol in conjunction with Ontario’s phased-in approach to de-escalating the State of Emergency in Ontario. To better plan and address the concerns of its members, Ontario Soccer has created a survey and is looking for input. Please find the May 1st Ontario Soccer bulletin attached to this update. Ontario Soccer Survey Bulletin
We strongly encourage our members to complete the survey, which can be found at the following link: https://www.ontariosoccer.net/news_article/show/1103164 . The deadline is May 11, 2020.
The GTYSC Board is still optimistically working behind the scenes to plan for a 2020 season should the go ahead be given. Please note the following with regards to house league and travel soccer.
Soccer School (U4-U6) , House League (U7/U18), Women’s 30+:
If we are able to have a 2020 season, we are tentatively planning to start on July 6.
Starting the season will be depend on the following critical key factors:
- Sanctions lifted by Ontario Soccer and the Niagara Soccer Association.
- Availability of fields.
- Number of teams each Club will have and if there will be enough teams to support each division (ie. older children)
- Possibility of extension of the season. (ie. playing in September, Saturdays and/or modified playing nights)
These are all unknowns which impact planning for the season.
What we have determined:
- There will be no West Niagara Interlock Soccer League Tournament this season.
- A shortened season, starting as late as July 13 is still viable if games are played in September, Saturdays and/or on modified playing nights.
- If Return to Play is not possible, the GTYSC will refund fees accordingly.
Youth Travel Teams (U8-U18) & Adult Travel Teams (NSL & PVSL):
The Club is in regular contact with the Niagara Soccer Association. At this time, there have been no updates with regards to an NSL season start date. We will communicate any new information as it becomes available.
At this point we can only anticipate a Return to Play date and be prepared to react to that announcement accordingly.
Please direct all questions or concerns to:
[email protected] or [email protected].
Thank you and stay safe!